Our experience with Shared Services projects has led us to identify five key factors in ensuring successful implementation:
- Support of top management and buy-in by the managers affected by the project
- Anticipation and management of the project’s social dimension
- Choice of location and site of Shared Services
- Selectiveness in recruitment to build quality teams
- Preparation and rigorous management of the critical transition phase
The length of the implementation phase depends on the number of sites to be migrated. It can be broken down into a preparation stage, a transition stage during which activities are transferred to Shared Services, and a stabilization stage.
The implementation program is structured around eight major project fields that are highly interdependent:
- Social and communication: definition of social strategy, preparation and follow-up of the information and consultation phase, and management of communications
- Infrastructure: choice of location, site selection, contractualization, preparation of infrastructure
- Organization and governance: detailed design of target organization and governance, job description sheets, planning and follow-up of recruitment and training
- Processes: validation of detailed scope, documentation of processes
- Information systems: identification and implementation of information system developments (e.g. access and authorization, workflows)
- SLA, KPIs and charge-back: definition of services and management indicators, baselining, performance and charge-back monitoring
- Transition: preparation for business migration, communications, management of knowledge transfer and workshadowing, stabilization management
- Project management and governance: definition of project governance, organization and milestones, project management, and risk identification and management
How can Argon Consulting help you?
Argon Consulting supports its clients in all stages of implementing a Shared Services project and across all project fields, both in France and internationally. Our experts have fifteen years' experience implementing Shared Services; they are able to control the related risks and accelerate the process.