Business Process Outsourcing first appeared towards the start of the 2000s. Nowadays, the global BPO market is mature.
- Large number of Tier 1 and Tier 2 BPO service providers
- Competitive global market with competitive offerings
- Wide range of services with broad functional coverage and added-value services
- Global network of onshore, nearshore and offshore centers
- Transformational capacity
It is not a question of choosing between BPO and Shared Services (captive centers), but finding the right model of Shared Services to act as a BPO lever. This is known as the hybrid model. In fact, most companies that have implemented BPO have integrated it into their Shared Services model.
Senior management must respond to seven key questions:
- Is the company mature enough to envisage BPO?
- What is the scope of the BPO (functional, geographical, BU)?
- What is the target model (number and location of BPO centers, governance)?
- What will the effects - particularly social ones - be and how should they be managed?
- What is the business case and roadmap?
- Which BPO service provider should be selected?
- How should the contract be structured?
How can Argon Consulting help you?
The experts at Argon Consulting have experience working both in BPO and Shared Services and with BPO and Shared Services providers. They have supported global companies in defining and implementing effective hybrid models. Additionally, they can provide the necessary objectivity and methodology to help senior management with structuring choices and execution.