In a sector that is undergoing major transformations (acceleration of fashion collections and business cycles, intensification of competition, brand internationalization, and rapid emergence of multichannel retail), operational control has become a strategic focus.
The fashion sector has undergone profound changes over recent years, both in terms of product offering (acceleration of fashion collections and business cycles) and the distribution channels (multichannel retail and internationalization).
In a rapidly evolving sourcing marketplace, with customers increasingly seeking product renewal, it has become crucial to innovate at the operational level. Companies need to meet the challenges throughout the operational chain by:
- Speeding up cycle times, from the design of the collection to customer delivery, via the re-engineering of processes and the deployment of efficient organizations (production offices, etc.)
- Boosting sourcing capacity, in an environment of fast-changing production costs and exchange rates
- Strengthening material and capacity booking practices with suppliers
- Optimizing assortments, by identifying the right balance between local requirements, a global vision of style, and the capacity to deliver profitable collections
- Developing a short circuit, which is a radically different model that requires a complete reorganization (organization, processes, management indicators, etc.)
- Adapting logistics networks to increasingly international flows and multi-channel logistics services
- Optimizing the distribution of stocks between the channels via sales forecasts, responsiveness, the precision of store procurement systems, and the management of residual stocks
- Assisting teams with the transformation of the processes and IT systems
How can Argon Consulting help you?
Our expertise in this sector encompasses all the requirements of the operational chain. Our experts help the leading brands improve their performance on a daily basis. Argon Consulting assists its clients in:
- Overhauling their supply chain organization. The distribution of roles between product lines, procurement, merchandising, sourcing offices, inventory management, logistics, and points of sale teams is optimized
- Re-engineering Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) processes, from product design to end of life, with the aim of optimizing cycles, efficiency, quality control, and profitability
- Optimizing merchandise planning (collection management, purchasing budget, and open-to-buy)
- Optimizing assortments (clustering, modulation, pricing, initial forecast per channel/country)
- Optimizing the planning and management of flows and stocks (forecasting, procurement plan, supplier assortment, store assortment, and managing orders in a multi-channel context)
- Overhauling logistics and transportation systems, especially on the international level
- Optimizing logistics operations (mechanization, multi-channel retail, etc.)
- Optimizing operations in points of sale (back-office processes, team planning, etc.)
- Assisting with the selection of specialized tools (PLM, assortment planning, merchandise planning, tracking, replenishment, etc.)
Argon Consulting’s clients include:
Sandro, Maje, Camaïeu, Kiabi, Jennyfer, CWF, Damart, Celio, Jacadi, Okaïdi, Galeries Lafayette, Monoprix, Carrefour, Le Bourget, Dim