Developments in the utilities/energy sector are bringing about a need for increased performance, flexibility, and competitiveness for all of the sector’s players, from the major energy and utility companies to oilfield services companies or tier 1 and tier 2 suppliers.
Context and Challenges
The utilities/energy sector, which is capital-intensive, highly cyclical, and fully globalized, faces all kinds of challenges. The sector is at the heart of geostrategic issues; access to fossil fuel resources is becoming increasingly difficult, changing energy policies in the major countries are having a significant impact on the sector, and technological developments (shale oil and EPR) are bringing about radical changes.
The introduction of international regulations and agreements aimed at reducing the ecological footprint (CO2 emissions) is dominating the sector’s outlook. The capacity for innovation (renewable energies, smart grids, smart cities, etc.) represents a major challenge for the sector.
All of these factors are bringing about a need for increased performance, flexibility, and competitiveness for all of the sector’s players, from the major energy and utility companies to oilfield services companies or tier 1 and tier 2 suppliers.
Deregulation of the European energy markets has resulted in the need to gain or maintain market shares, in particular by putting efficient customer services in place, as well as the need to create competitive advantages by transforming operations.
How can Argon Consulting help you?
Argon Consulting helps its customers in the utilities/energy sector to improve their operational performance in the following areas:
- Cost cutting: optimization of direct and indirect purchasing costs, logistics and transportation optimization, and optimization of make-or-buy
- Optimization of logistics processes: lean logistics, reduction of logistics lead times, deployment of processes and systems used to track international flows, and optimization of flows and modes of transportation
- Inventory optimization: tactical planning and S&OP, introduction of inventory policies tailored to specific sector features, optimization of procurement processes, and Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) implementation
- Improving the availability of systems and equipment: optimization of maintenance processes, stocks of maintenance parts to ensure availability, and of mobile installed bases
- Optimization of customer processes: pricing, contract life cycles, invoicing, improving cash-flow, customer service and relations, and multi-channel and digital development
- Operational efficiency: forecasts, managing resource workload/capacity balance, organizational optimization (roles, responsibilities, and personnel), and introduction of KPIs
We provide assistance both upstream (access to resources and exploration/production) and downstream (transformation, distribution, commercialization, and services) in the value chain.
Argon assists companies in France and abroad. We take into account the human aspect of the transformation process into the assistance we provide so as to ensure sustainable results and build a solid, long-term foundation for the changes made.
Argon Consulting's clients include:
EDF, GDF Suez, international oilfield services companies